Thank you, Tim!
Colleagues from around the state gathered on December 9, 2021, to thank Tim Glidden for his decade of leadership at Maine Coast Heritage Trust and his forty-year career in conservation.
Here on the Maine coast
Our favorite things
Thank you, Tim
These comments were shared during the session:
- 00:19:23 – David Warren: I’ll start…Thank you, Tim!
- 00:19:45 – Tim Glidden: Co conspirator is more like it, Betsy
- 00:24:47 – Seth Levy: bravo!
- 00:24:55 – Keith Fletcher: Lovely!
- 00:24:58 – Emily Bruce: Spectacular!
- 00:24:59 – Melissa Paly: Worth the wait for sure. Simply elegant.
- 00:25:06 – Emily Beck: This brought tears to my eyes!
- 00:25:08 – Pete Didisheim (NRCM): That was wonderful! Thanks Sophie!
- 00:25:18 – Mary Cay Harrington: Absolutely Beautiful Sophie!!
- 00:25:21 – Julie Kravetz: Inspiring!
- 00:25:31 – Evan Richert: Pure poetry.
- 00:25:31 – Kristen Eaton: Perfection Sophie and Jay!
- 00:30:39 – Karin Tilberg, Forest Society of Maine: My favorite thing about Tim is — he has been a wonderful, fun, and brave buddy in conservation with me and so many for DECADES!
- 00:32:47 – Sean Mahoney-CLF: My favorite thing about Tim is his moustache – oh, wait a minute . . . .
- 00:42:13 – Molly MacGregor (she/her): Here here!
- 00:42:40 – Chris: Of the many (too many?) orgs for which I’ve worked, I can say without reservation that MCHT, under Tim’s leadership, is the best gig I’ve ever had. Tim’s quick smile, love of music, openness, and the trust he places in his colleagues has made for a wonderful experience. An organization’s culture is a reflection of its leadership — and I thank you for that. You will be missed!
- 00:53:19 – Donna Bissett: It’s difficult to add anything to these amazing sentiments, but when Betsy said the word “heart” I knew that was the thing about Tim that stands out to me. Tim, you have an immense heart that shines brightly to everyone you meet, every day. I’ll miss you greatly. Enjoy what comes next!!
- 00:56:41 – Ceci: Tim: Thought bubble…. Oh no, another video. Where’s the Kleenex???
- 00:58:09 – Ceci: Thank you Tim
- 00:58:15 – Ian Stewart: Thank you Tim… for being so present, kind and fun-loving each time we’re had the opportunity to work together. I have learned an immense amount from you. You’ve shown how we can be savvy and strategic while at the same time having fun and putting people first.
- 00:58:36 – Keith Fletcher: Thank you Tim!!
- 00:59:18 – Molly MacGregor (she/her): What a blessing to be surrounded by Tim’s ‘muchness’ and all he means to so many people. Thank you all for sharing these sentiments and allowing me the opportunity to get to know Tim better.
- 01:00:56 – Ben Twining (he/him): Thank you, Tim, for the remarkable impact you’ve had on so many people and our state!
- 01:01:44 – Chris: Limericks?
- 01:02:18 – Katherine: Next time you visit Washington County, I’ll let you ring the gong!
- 01:02:42 – Ceci: 👍
- 01:03:17 – Charlene Swift: Kate, that gong is the best!
- 01:03:37 – Molly MacGregor (she/her): Tim forever!
- 01:03:43 – Thomas Ireland: I think we need to borrow it for board meetings!
- 01:03:46 – Keith Fletcher: Wonderful!!
- 01:03:51 – Andy Rosenthal: Tim, like some other rare, world class talents, you always made the difficult look easy. Best wishes and many, many thanks.
- 01:05:14 – Keith Fletcher: Yeahhhh Tom!
- 01:05:26 – Mary Cay Harrington: I am so grateful to be hired in time to witness this beautiful tribute to Tim and his Maine Coast legacy. Thank you Tim for your daily emails that are inspirational and encouraging. The very best to you and all you will continue to inspire!
- 01:06:02 – Caitlin Gerber: Tim, you’re an inspiration. Thank you for all of your support and hard work. I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with you.
- 01:09:51 – Angela Twitchell: Thank you Tim for being a trusted, inspirational leader of land conservation in Maine. Your deep understanding of the fact that we all accomplish much more together than we could on our own has not only made MCHT a stronger, more sustainable organization, it has made the whole land conservation community in Maine more effective and impactful. You will be sorely missed but I’ll look forward to seeing you on the trails and waters of our shared home town. Cheers!
- 01:11:00 – Karin Marchetti: Working with you Tim, has been always a pleasure. So many thanks.
- 01:11:03 – Charlene Swift: Tim, I have so much gratitude for the opportunity to work with you these past several years! The joy you bring to your work is contagious – and exactly the kind of contagiousness we can benefit from. You always make the time to connect, to ask how I’m doing, and to offer help. Thank you for being a fantastic leader, boss, and human!
- 01:12:30 – Julie Kravetz: Tim – the small amount of time I’ve gotten to know you has been inspiring. Your effect on MCHT has been profound and lasting. Thank you for your leadership and impact!
- 01:14:00 – David Warren: It’s been a privilege a pleasure, Tim. Thank you!
- 01:15:18 – Andrew Beahm: Tim congratulations. We are all humbled to work alongside of you. All of Maine thanks you.
- 01:16:30 – Deirdre Whitehead: So grateful for you and the amazing MCHT family that you have nourished, guided, and supported. Your support of community work has allowed us in Washington County to really make a difference in our communities here and to invite new organizations to collaborate and think differently about land conservation. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You always cared about well-being and that to me means heart, mind and soul. The Wabanaki Initiative requires that and you have been an amazing leader and supporter. Woliwon from WaCo…..
- 01:18:26 – Stephanie Rogers: Tim, It has been an enormous pleasure to work with you at MCHT. Your ability to connect with people and make them feel heard and their input valuable is a true gift. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity to work with and learn from such a kind and generous person. Best wishes to you!
- 01:20:09 – Seth Levy: Thank you, thank you, thank you. It has been an honor and a pleasure to work with you, and in the environment you helped create. The only consolation is that you’re sticking around in our neck of the woods!
- 01:20:49 – Molly MacGregor (she/her): What a perfect poem for the time <3
- 01:21:10 – Betsy Ham: Thanks for being such as good mentor and friend Tim. Looking forward to many more good conversations over a beer or two in the future.
- 01:22:58 – Keith Fletcher: There he goes sharing credit again …. : ) A true leader.
- 01:23:53 – Jane Arbuckle: Definitely re the boats!!! We’re counting on your help!
- 01:24:16 – Warren Whitney: Keeping it simple: Thanks and congratulations on a job incredibly well done.
- 01:25:56 – Nicky Blanchard: Thank you for an amazing decade. Thanks for being an inspirational leader and boss. You’ve always set the bar high with your empathic leadership and ability to problem solve. I will miss brainstorming with you. And there will always be a room on the boat for you!
- 01:26:46 – Rodney Eason: Thank you, Tim for always reaching out. I appreciate our chats and your guidance.
- 01:27:03 – Bob DeForrest: Thank you, Tim!! I feel extremely grateful for your warmth, kindness and remarkable leadership these past 11 years.
- 01:27:32 – Tim Glidden: The internship is incredibly wonderful and humbling THANK YOU
- 01:27:49 – Ian Stewart: Bravo Tim. Standing ovation.